Loaded Baked Potato Salad
|Prep Time: 25 min||Cook Time: 15 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
Loaded baked potato in salad form! Bring this dish to a picnic or potluck for a tasty side dish everyone will love.
- 2½ pounds red or yellow potatoes
- Fine sea or kosher salt, as needed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup lightly packed shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 8-12 ounces bacon, cooked, cooled, and chopped
- 1 cup Pearls Large Ripe Black Olives, sliced
- ¼ cup finely sliced chives or green onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes, cut them into 1-inch chunks, and place in a large saucepan. Cover with 2 inches of water and add 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil, and simmer until the potatoes are very tender but still holding their shape, 8-10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, and ¾ teaspoon salt.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a large bowl and add the eggs, cheese, bacon, olives, chives. Pour the dressing over the top and add a few grinds of black pepper. Gently toss to combine. Taste, adding more salt to taste.
- Serve right away or chill for up to 2 days. The salad gets more flavorful as it sits.