There are many, many different versions of herbaceous green sauces that add depths of flavor to any meal. Whether it be salsa verde or chimichurri, layered with herbs, garlic, and lemon – this version is elevated with buttery richness of Pearls Olives. Try it with steak or your favorite grilled fish.
Recipe and image attributed by Chef Joe Sasto
- 1 can Pearls Olives
- 2 bunches parsley, italian
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 clove garlic
- 2ea roasted red peppers
- 1ea shallot
- 2tb preserved meyer lemon
- 2tb white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2Tb capers
- 1tsp chile flake (optional)
- olive oil | salt | pepper
- Begin by finely chopping all of the herbs and placing in a large bowl.
- Finely dice or chop the shallot, peppers, and lemon.
- Microplane the garlic clove into the bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add a generous amount of olive oil and season with a splash of vinegar.
- Stir to combine and taste.
- Spoon over everything!