Pasta Salad with Brussels Sprouts and Green Olives
|Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
|Servings: 2||Skill Level: easy|
Elevate your pasta salad with shredded brussels sprouts and a lemony dressing tossed with briny olives and salty cheese.
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces shells or other small dried pasta
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup Pearls Simply Green Olives, drained and sliced in half
- 4 ounces crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- Prepare the dressing. Combine the lemon zest and juice with the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small jar. Place the lid on the jar and shake until combined.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot with 6 cups of well-salted water to a boil. Add the shells and cook to al dente according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the shredded brussels sprouts, parsley, and olives. Add the dressing and stir to coat, Then fold in the ricotta salata. Taste, adding more salt, pepper, or lemon juice if you feel the salad needs it.
- Serve right away or cover and chill until ready to serve, up to 1 day.