Roasted Olives with Peppers
|Prep Time: 35 min||Cook Time: 15 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
Warming olives brings out a softer and milder taste. You can add your own touch by adding other olives, feta cheese and herbs.
- 1 cup Pearls or Early California Simply Olives, drained
- 1 cup Pearls Specialties Garlic Stuffed Olives, drained
- 1 cup Pearls Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, drained
- 1/2 large yellow onion, 1/4 inch thick sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1/4 inch thick sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Spread on large rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn with spatula, reduce heat to 350°F.
- Roast another 15-20 minutes until onions and peppers are softened and olives show some wrinkling.
- Add more zest and fresh pepper when ready to serve.
- Serve with crusty bread or as part of a salad.