Sheet Pan Pizza Pasta Bake
|Prep Time: 25 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: easy|
This easy pasta bake has all the flavor of a classic pizza: gooey cheese, red sauce, piquant pepperoni, and briny olives. A main dish the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon softened unsalted butter for the pan
- 16 ounces dried fusilli or other pasta
- 32 ounces prepared tomato sauce
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- ¾ cup lightly packed grated parmesan
- 1½ cups lightly packed shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Pearls Large Ripe Black Olives, sliced
- Handful fresh basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil, to finish
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450°F. Rub a rimmed baking sheet with the butter to coat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until very al dente according to the package instructions; it will continue cooking a little when baked. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water and drain the pasta well.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the reserved cooking water, sauce, and oregano. Stir in half of the toppings: pepperoni, parmesan, and olives.
- Spread the pasta on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and all of the mozzarella. Top with the remaining pepperoni and olives.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling, 15-25 minutes. Top with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil and serve warm.