Three Bean Salad with Olives and Dill
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 3 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: easy|
This cool, crunchy & hearty three bean salad makes an easy side dish to bring to parties and potlucks. Briny black olives take this classic salad over the top!
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths (2 cups)
- 3 Persian cucumbers, cubed (2 cups)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can Pearls or Early California Black Ripe Olives, drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir in the sliced red onion and let sit while you make the salad.
- Bring a medium saucepan filled partway with water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until the beans are crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking.
- Transfer the cooked and cooled green beans to a large bowl. Add the cucumbers, chickpeas, cannellini beans, olives, and dill. Pour the dressing and marinated onions over the salad and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill the salad for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days to allow the beans to soak up the flavorful dressing.